{Five for Friday}

Hey bloggers!

It has been awhile since I have linked up with Doodle Bugs for a Five for Friday!
But, I'm back!
http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/

Here is what we have been up to this week in my classroom!
December is in full swing...all of the turkeys, scarecrows, and fall trees are down and the snowflakes, polar bears, and cups of hot cocoa are going up!

We started our polar bear non-fiction study this week. Before break, I let the kids vote on whether they wanted to learn about polar bears or penguins and the polar bears won!
 We started reading books and recording what we learned on Monday. This is our chart where we have been keeping track of things that we have learned about the polar bear. They are very interesting!

Today, we made a polar bear craft! It was super simple and the kids loved it! 
Things you need:
-polar bear template (I googled and found one online)
-blue construction paper
-glue
-shaving cream
-google eyes
I mixed equally parts Elmer's Glue and shaving cream. Then the kids used their fingers to spread the puffy paint mixture onto their polar bears. Then they added the google eyes. They were still drying at the end of the day today so I will have to take a final picture on Monday!

We also made some hot cocoa addition crafts this week!
What you need:
-construction paper (assorted colors)
-mug templates (I drew them on the construction paper for the kids to save time, but you could also have them trace the mugs themselves and cut them out)
-marshmallows
-glue
I gave the kids a handful of marshmallows and let them make their own addition sentences (obviously they got a few extra when they were done to eat!). They turned out super cute and we have gotten many compliments!
Not school related-but I did finish up decorating my house for Christmas this week! I love it. I switched my Christmas decorations this year to a color theme-blue, green, purple, & pink. I love it!
I {LOVE} these reindeer on our mantle! They are from Target :)
I also attempted Christmas pictures with the little man, but he loved the tree too much to look at the camera! :)
Last, I found these awesome little bells in the Target dollar spot! They were 12 for $3. We watch the Polar Express every year and these will be perfect for Polar Express! I'm super excited :)

So there you have my 5! I'm so glad to have the first week of December out of the way! You can tell Christmas is inching closer...here are a few of my favorite December eCards :)
Have a great weekend!

No comments

Post a Comment