Classroom Ideas 2019

Hi everyone!

It has been a busy few weeks in my classroom and it is finally ready!
I plan to post a video on my IG soon!

Here is my mirror wall. It is by our classroom sink area.
There are positive affirmations above each mirror.
This is a decorative area above one of my student work tables. It was a blank wall that just needed a little something added to it!

I also updated my teacher tool kits!
The first one I made to go along with my classroom theme (shiplap & floral).
You can find it in my TpT Store!
I updated this one with a cute school theme.

This is the back wall of my classroom.
I love how simple but comfortable it helps to make the room.
The quotes are from Maniacs in the Middle.

This year I am adding a Calming Corner to my room!
When needed, students can use this area of the room to identify their emotions and find ways to calm down and refocus so that they are ready to learn.
The wall set is from The Social Emotional Teacher.
This is where the calming activities are stored.
Each drawer has different activities or fidgets that the students can use.

I think this is my favorite part of my classroom: the library!
I used contact paper on the walls and then added shelves to display books.
The bistro table & chairs are from Michaels.

I seriously love how this area turned out!
I hope my students are inspired by it and want to spend time in the classroom library.

Lastly, my hallway display. Each year my school has a different theme. This year, we have a superhero theme!
I made the superheroes using butcher paper. I rolled the paper and stuffed it with paper towels. Then I sectioned them off using rubber bands. I printed the faces, hands, and chest symbols. The capes are from my son's costumes at home!

So there it is! I'm so excited about the look of the classroom and I hope that the students are excited to get started learning when they come in on Monday!

No comments

Post a Comment