The Start of Classroom Setup

Hi everyone!

I have slowly started my classroom setup process.

This year I am moving to a new grade level and a new classroom so it was a lot of organization to start. I rearranged quite a few times before I decided on something because the shape of my new room is very different than my old room!
I have two large bulletin boards in my room.
Both are covered with Better Than Paper from Teacher Created Resources.
They also both have decorative flowers from Hobby Lobby and Amazon and borders from Creative Teaching Press. The bulletin board shown above has a burlap border from Amazon.

I love how it turned out!

I also worked on getting my birthday board display put up!
I love this donut display from Creative Teaching Press.

I also worked on my Flexible Seating Choice Board!
This is on my white board, so the students' numbers have magnets on the back for easy movement.
There are 3 categories: Free Choice, Limited Choice, and Mrs. Jacobson's Choice. Students are put into these categories based on their behavior and ability (or inability) to make good seating choices for themselves.
The boxes under each seating choice indicate how many students can choose that option and let them know when an option is full for the day.
Here are a few of the seating options that I use:

Do you use flexible seating options in your classroom?
How do you manage it?

No comments

Post a Comment