Cozy Winter Classroom

Hi everyone!
It has been a crazy school year so far!
I had a very difficult student for the first 10 weeks of the school year. We tried 3 different behavior charts and also provided PE accommodations. Unfortunately, the general education just wasn't the right fit for this child and she has been placed in a different classroom setting.

However, I wanted to share a few of the things that I made for her in case they might be helpful to some of your students! :)

This is setup like a ten frame. You can decide how many goals you want your student to meet in the morning or afternoon. If you only want your student to have to earn 4 unicorns, then you cover the other spaces up with black squares so that they can see how many more they need to earn for their reward.

My student was a huge JoJo fan so I tried to incorporate that into her behavior chart. This chart is editable so that you can type in your schedule. This aspect also makes this behavior chart a visual schedule, which is often helpful for students as well!

These were made because PE was often a trigger for poor choices. There is a choice chart and 2 alternative activity options included.

And now for my favorite picture...
I am OBSESSED with my new classroom heater!
I know what you're thinking...what does the fire marshal have to say about it?!
Well, we are allowed to have personal heaters, and that's what this "fireplace" actually is. My kids LOVE to cuddle up in front of the fireplace to read and write. It's adorable.
You can find the table that I'm using {here}.
You can find the fireplace heater {here}.
The fireplace can be used with just the light on (flames). It can also be used with heat settings 1 and 2.

I hope you're all staying warm!
Cait

No comments

Post a Comment