Valentine's Craft, Dr. Seuss, Dental Health...Oh My!

Hey bloggers!

It's been awhile since I have posted so I have a lot to talk about today! It has been a busy February!

1. Adapted Valentine Love Bugs from First Grade Blue Skies
There are also some cute snowmen in the pic above! They had a circle for each letter in their name and then a circle for the head! :)

2. Dental Health Art
We spent the last week in February reading books about teeth & oral hygiene for dental health month! This is the chart we came up with after reading the books and the art project that we did at the end of the unit! They turned out super cute! :)

3. Dr. Seuss Week
 
We are celebrating Read Across America and Dr. Seuss' birthday with theme days this week! We also have books to go with each theme.
*Monday: Hat Day (Cat in the Hat & The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins)
*Tuesday-Stuffed Animal Day (Put Me in the Zoo & If I Ran the Circus)
*Wednesday-Wear Green Day (Green Eggs & Ham)
*Thursday-Crazy Sock Day (Fox in Socks & The Foot Book)
*Friday-No School, PT Conference
I also found these at Walmart, if you are looking to pick up some new books!

4. Student Quote
I had to share this student quote. It was just too cute :)
He really thought EVERYTHING used to be black & white.

5. Citrus Lane Review
We have been subscribed to Citrus Lane for a year now! We have loved all but one of our boxes. February was another great one! As a teacher, I love the ABC flashcards for my little guy! And he loves taking baths and playing ball so the Hoops for the Tub are perfect for him! He hasn't mastered drinking from a straw yet but I love the Skip Hop brand so I can't wait to use the cup! Looking forward to the next box...we were able to personalize an item so I know we have a cute little bow tie on the way! :)

They also offer mystery boxes like the one above. I knew the Cloud B Octo would be in there, but everything else was a mystery! I love this box! We use the Octo every night at bedtime. Little man loves the maracas and truck, and I love the Tea Collection shirt! The bath toys are a little old for him but they will be put to good use later! So I'm happy with this box too! :)
I have to get the little man ready for bed now...but I will be back later this week with a post about how I reorganized my classroom library!
We were off school today because of hazardous roads due to ice. So it's a short week for us.
Enjoy the rest of your week!


No comments

Post a Comment