Monday Made It!

Hey friends!

I have not done much crafting this summer...and the bug finally hit me! I really wanted to get some things made for my classroom & I finally got around to one of them! So I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics! :)

I plan on putting this in my classroom doorway. I already have a window curtain, so I think this would be a nice little welcoming detail at the top of the door...that my little friends can't reach ;)

I purchased the supplies at walmart. All I needed was a curtain rod, 2 command strips, and some fabric swatches. 

The swatches I bought were 18" x 21". I started by cutting about 1.5" strips from the swatches and left them 21" long. I started with all one color to make it easier on myself. As I cut the strips, I simply tied them on to the curtain rod.
Picture 1 shows how I started. I started with the pink color and tied one on at a time, leaving space for the next few colors. After I had cut all of the colors, I continued filling them in and pushed them all together (picture 2). Picture 3 shows what it looks like from the top. After I was done tying the fabric on, I spaced them apart just a bit, so that they weren't all piled up on top of each other. Pushing them close together will give a more full look, and will also require more fabric. Keeping the farther apart will give a thinner look, and will obviously require less fabric. It's up to your taste :)

This is just to give you an idea using a doorway in my house. I plan on putting the 2 command strips outside the door frame at school and placing the rod on them so that I don't have to drill holes in the walls and it can be moved if needed.

Thanks for stopping by! :)





1 comment

  1. Love the door decoration! I want to make one for my class but haven't found the time. Yours turned out so cute. I am hoping I will have the time to make one soon! So much to do and not enough time before school starts.
    www.pocketofpreschool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete