What we've done and what's up next!

Hey bloggers!

I have really been neglecting my blog lately...being a new mom, a teacher, & a blogger is tough work!! Here are some of the most recent happenings in my classroom!

**100th Day**
We have had 6 snow/cold days since being back at school from winter break. Because of those days, the 100th day kept getting pushed back! But, we did finally have it and the kids LOVED it. I cut back on a few of the activities this year (there are so many awesome ones, it would take multiple days to do them all!). Here's what we did...
(1) When the kids first walked in, they saw the 100th day banner stretching across the 2 first grade doors. They loved it! :)
(2) We started the morning by coloring in 100 dots. They had to follow the directions (10 red, 10 orange, 10 yellow, 10 green, 10 blue, 10 purple, 10 pink, 10 brown, 10 black, 10 gray). This activity is in my 100th day activities posted below.

(3) 100th Day Writing Activities: When I am 100 years old I will look like this and do this..., If I had $100 I would buy..., I would eat 100 ___ and I would not eat 100___, Things I have learned in the last 100 days... (in activities posted below)

(4) 100 Number Hunt: The students searched the 2 first grade classrooms for numbers and colored them in on their 100 chart to make a secret message! {posted for free here}

(5) Sorting 100 things: We sorted by 50, 25, 10, 5, and 2. Some of the things the kids brought from home were pennies, rubber bands, stickers, cereal, and m&ms!

(6) 100 Days Smarter Coloring Book (in activities posted below)

(7) 100th Day Treats!



**Valentine's Day**
We had an early dismissal day on Valentine's Day. So we did some candy heart activities and then had our party! We did some estimating with candy hearts, and then some sorting and graphing!

**Donors Choose**
A HUGE thank you to those that were able to help us with our donors choose project. It was funded and we received our math items! Here are a few pics of what we got! The kids are SUPER excited!


**What's Next?!**
I'm super excited...because March is creeping closer! That means a few things:
(1) Spring is closer!! We are currently having an ice storm/thundersnow here in Illinois today.
(2) Dr. Seuss week! Dr. Seuss week is one of my FAVORITE times of the year. We always have themed days and Dr. Seuss activities. I know talking about Dr. Seuss is a bit taboo around here, but what can I say, the books and activities are just plain fun! Here's a bit of Dr. Seuss week from last year to give you an idea of what I'm talking about! :)
(3) St. Patrick's Day. Here is a post of my St. Pat's activities from last year. I'm looking forward to these and some new activities that I'll be adding in as well!

And some personal updates:
On February 6th my teaching partner & I went to our 3rd Luke Bryan concert! It was my first one without being pregnant...and this time my teaching partner was pregnant! Haha. Anyway, here are a few pics from the awesome night. We were in the second row right next to the stage!!!

Also, my little man is almost 4 months old! I can't believe it.

I hope those of you that have today off are enjoying it!
Have a great week!



No comments

Post a Comment