Spring is here!...maybe?

Well, I told my students that the first day of spring was this week...but I'm not so sure they believed me. Heck, I'm not sure I believed me! We are NOT enjoying any spring weather here in Illinois. It was 20 degrees on Wednesday and in the 30s Thursday & today! They're predicting snow on Sunday :( I'm ready for some spring weather...and for my kids to have outside recess!!!

Well, in the spirit of spring, I created some new math activities!
TpT    or    TN
Here's what is included:
(1) Addition Cards-These can be used 2 ways. They can be double digit addition cards or they can be used as "10 more" cards. There is a recording sheet to use them as double digit and a separate recording sheet to use them as a 10 more activity. A 120 chart is included.

(2) Subtraction Cards-These can be used 2 ways. They can be double digit subtraction cards or they can be used as "10 less" cards. There is a recording sheet to use them as double digit and a separate recording sheet to use them as a 10 less activity. A 120 chart is included.

(3) Working with 10 (addition & subtraction). The students find the missing number in the addition or subtraction number sentence by using the 10 frame on the card. There are small number cards for the students to put on the correct blanks to finish the number sentence.

(4) Counting by 5s & 10s-There is a set of cards that count by 5s from 5-300. There is a recording sheet included for this activity. There is a set of cards that count by 10s from 10-300. There is a recording sheet for this activity. You can choose to have your students use all of the cards, or only some of them, depending on what is appropriate for your students.

(5) Ordering Numbers-There are 8 cards included and each card has 4 numbers on it (all numbers within 150). This activity can be used 2 ways. You can use the included recording sheet to have students order the 4 numbers on each card from least to greatest (or greatest to least) or you can have students use the other recording sheet included to just record the least & greatest number on each card. Again, choose what is appropriate for your students!

Considering that these activities can be used multiple ways, it's really like you're getting 10 activities! There is an example card for each activity on the front page of this listing. There is also an activity label included for each activity for quick labeling in your storage containers :)

Here's a quick picture from this week...we have been working on distinguishing between 2D & 3D shapes. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of our 3D chart so I'll have to add that later! :)

We just finished up our spring conferences at 11 today so I have the rest of the day off. I think I'm going to shop...for spring clothes...and hope that I can actually wear them soon! :)

Enjoy your weekend!



No comments

Post a Comment