DIY Pencil Holder

Hey bloggers!

Today, I used my Silhouette Cameo and made some adorable pencil holders!! I got the idea from the Silhouette Blog!

I purchased the apple shape from the Silhouette online shop. I used my machine to cut the apple parts onto scrapbook paper, and then modpodged it on! The only things that weren't modpodged are the letters. I cut those on adhesive vinyl. I got the containers at walmart for $7, I think. I had originally planned on finding round glass containers but when I found these square plastic ones I knew I had to have them. I figured plastic would be much better for the classroom!

I had originally planned on making them the same...but after seeing the first one, Hubs felt that it was "too girly." So I switched his up a bit. I really like them both. He already has post its & pens in his container. Mine will have all pencils!
I can't wait to take it to school and put it on my desk tomorrow!!
Have a great week! :)

3 comments

  1. Hi Cait,

    What a great idea! I just love the apple motif. I want to get a Silhouette Cameo now. I'll have to visit the Silhouette blog. Thanks for sharing.

    Mona
    First Grade Schoolhouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love my Cameo & I'm just getting started with it!!! Don't forget, teachers can get a discount! Check it out on the site :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Enjoying your blog! Hope that you will check mine out as well, I'm currently having a giveaway... you should enter!


    http://bigcityteacher.blogspot.com/2013/02/first-giveaway.html


    Martha :)

    ReplyDelete