First Week Pics

I'm back with some first week pics! As always, I have blurred all of their little faces :)

This is a picture of a classroom hunt they did on the second day of school! They had to find things around the classroom (kleenex, trashcans, cubbies, lunch cards, etc) and answer some questions about our class (how many students? how many are boys/girls? how many computers are in our room? etc). It just gives them a quick tour of the room and allows for me to talk about those things in more detail after they have finished the hunt!
Today I gave each group some unifix cubes to sort and stack.  They first had to sort the cubes by color and then put them in sticks of 10! So I was able to see their understanding of color sorting and counting to 10. (you can also see a Pete the Cat activity on someone's desk that we had done earlier in the day...the kids LOVED the 1st book!)
They did well! So when we start small addition and subtraction the cubes will already be in sticks of 10 for them! Perfect :)

I also have a few things to pass on to you!...

(1) Ms. Jones' Junction is having a 100 follower giveaway! Stop by and enter!!

(2) Have you checked out Shabby Apple?? If you haven't, you should! They have some ADORABLE dresses! Dresses from Shabby Apple
Dresses from Shabby Apple

I hope everyone is having a great week! Thanks for stopping by! :)





No comments

Post a Comment