Back to School with Oriental Trading!

Hi everyone!

I am slowly starting to think about things for this school year.
Each year, my school has a different theme. 
You can check out a few of our previous themes below:
This year, we have a Western Theme!
I don't decorate my whole classroom according to the theme...because that would require a lot of work (and money!) each year. I typically decorate my hallway bulletin board, classroom door, and smartboard attendance page according to the theme. I also create student gifts that match the theme for meet the teacher night!

I always head straight to the Oriental Trading website to see what they have that goes along with our theme.
AND-did you know that they now have a part of Oriental Trading dedicated to things for teachers?
Check out Learn 365 here!

Check out some things that I got...most of these will be part of my student gifts.
Bandanas
These are a must have for a western theme! I ordered enough so that each student will receive one.

Pencil Top Erasers
Horse erasers for their pencils!

Personalized Pencils
These pencils have cowboy hats, sheriff badges, and cowboy boots on them. I personalized them with our school name and mascot.

Cowboy Prize Assortment
These will be added to my current prize box. There are temporary tattoos, rubber ducks, boot keychains, plastic handcuffs, bandana pencils, stickers, notebooks, sheriff badges, and horse finger puppets.

Stencils
These are actually much bigger than I anticipated! These will be fun for a free choice station or indoor recess play.

Inflatable Campfire
My plan for this is to set it up as my "donation wish list" area at meet the teacher night. Around the inflatable fire I will have wish list items written on s'mores clip art.

Candy
I always like to include some kind of little treat. It was tricky to come up with candy that seemed "western themed" but I decided on root beer barrels, bulls eyes, and cow tales.

My Bulletin Board:
For my bulletin board, I'm going with a rustic campfire theme.
I am using this background from Amazon. It's currently a great price as an add-on item! I found a red bandana fabric at hobby lobby that I'll be using as part of the border as well as burlap strips from hobby lobby.




I just got into my classroom for the first time this week...and I don't have much to show for it. It felt like I just moved a bunch of piles around...do others do that too? But soon I'll be able to post a classroom tour!

Enjoy your last few weeks of summer! :)

I received these items in return for an honest review as part of the Oriental Trading Brand Ambassador program.

No comments

Post a Comment