Read Across America Week!

Hey bloggers!

It's been a fun week! We celebrated Read Across America Week with a theme week!

Monday: Green Day
We read Green Eggs & Ham.
We created a class graph of whether or not the kids would eat green eggs & ham! Almost all of them said yes, which surprised me because I'm not that brave of an eater!
I forgot to take a picture this day :(

Tuesday: Crazy Sock Day
We read The Foot Book and Fox in Socks.
We decorated some crazy socks and hung them outside our classroom.

Wednesday: Wacky Clothes & Hair Day
We read If I Ran the Circus and To Think I Saw It On Mulberry Street.
We created a class book to If I Ran the Circus in which the kids created their own wild circus animals!
It's better if you can see their faces...but we had mismatched clothes, shorts on top of pants, tanks on top of shirts, backwards clothes, regular clothes mixed with pajamas, and lots of crazy/colored hair!

Thursday: Hat Day
We read The Cat in the Hat and The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins.

Friday: Pajama Day
Okay...this theme was mostly for the teachers :) But the kids loved it too. We had started watching The Lorax earlier in the week...we finished it on pajama day & let them eat some popcorn too. It was a great end to a really fun week!

We had indoor recess this week because of the below zero temps again so we watched Horton Hears a Who, Daisy Head Mazie, and a few other short Dr. Seuss movies during indoor recess.

Did you celebrate this week? What fun activities did you do??


2 comments

  1. Hi, Cait! Thanks so much for linking up to The Primary Chalkboard! I love your sock pic! Looks like y'all had tons of fun! Were you as exhausted as I was??
    Have a great week!
    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved how you celebrated Read Across America week! So fun! I wish I was in your class! ha! I may have to borrow your ideas for next year! My first grade team would love this! Thanks for sharing!
    Tricks of the Trade in First Grade

    ReplyDelete