Looking Forward to 2014!

Well bloggers, it has been an interesting year for me!

It started with the thrill of finding out in February that we were expecting our first child!
...
In March, my husband was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.
...
In April, we announced to family and friends that we were expecting!
...
In May, my husband was hospitalized with optic neuritis (caused by the MS).
...
In June, we found out that we were having a BOY!
...
We spent the summer relaxing, coping, and preparing our house for our new addition. We re-carpeted the basement & bedrooms and put wood floors in the living room! We also finished up the nursery and had a family baby shower and friend diaper party!
...
In August, we both went back to school and counted down the days until the baby's arrival!
...
In September, we participated in the MS Walk and were one of the top teams!
...
In October, we welcomed our little man into the family (2 weeks past his due date)!
...
In November, my husband finished up his coursework for his Master's Degree!
...
We spent December introducing the little man to our family & friends and adjusting to our new life as a family of three!

We had 4 awesome "First" Christmases.
We are so in love with this little guy!
And this last week of 2013, we are reflecting on the year...it has been a roller coaster of ups & downs and I am thankful for all of the family & friends that supported us through all of them. We are looking forward to a happy & healthy 2014!...I'll be spending the first week of January mentally preparing myself for sending the little guy to daycare when school starts back up. Yikes.
After all of this reflection, I decided to join in with 4th Grade Frolics for her One for Me linky!

My one goal for 2014 is to be More Appreciative.
I don't typically take the time to really sit and think about the people & things that I have in my life. I'm so busy with work and making sure that everything there and at home runs the way that I want it to that I don't slow down to really appreciate what I have around me. After my husband's diagnosis and the birth of our first child, I realized that I don't take the time to enjoy each day for what it is and be thankful for the time that I have with everyone around me.

That is my goal & my One Little Word for 2014.

So here's to an amazing 2014...starting with a SALE! Everything in my TpT store & TN shop is 20% off!




Happy New Year! :)

4 comments

  1. Love your word! What a great reminder to take the time to be thankful for all the blessings in life. It sounds like you had a year of ups and downs. Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy! I will pray for you and your husband as you face MS.

    Happy New Year!

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciation! What a great word to have for 2014! We all need to take time and just appreciate what we have in life. Congrats on your new little man! Good luck going back to school.

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your OLW and your One for Me goal. I truly think all of these things work together. If I can bump myself up on "the list" then I can have more time for me to appreciate:) Congrats on your precious new baby! Enjoy that time!!! It goes by way too fast:/ Thank you for sharing and linking up. I was scared when I hit the post button that people would think I was nuts! Lol! Happy New Year:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your OLW is a great reminder to me. Thanks! Your little guy is soooo cute! Have a great year!
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete