Fire Safety & a Currently!

Hey bloggers!

Next Week is Fire Prevention Week!!!
Last week, we had a practice fire drill at our school. This week, we have the real deal with the fire department there. And next week, we have the Fire Safety House coming to our school. The local fire department brings a "Smoke House" that the kids tour. They go through the house and talk about the dangers of fires and what you should do if there is ever a fire in your house. The kids learn a lot and enjoy talking with the firefighters.

Here are some activities that my firsties will be using!
TpT    or    TN
There are activities for labeling & describing firefighters & firetrucks, an activity for writing what they learned, and a thank you note for the firefighters! I added a few new pages so if you have previously purchased this set, make sure you re-download it! :)

It's also time for another Currently with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade!

Not too much to explain this month...I'm so excited that it is October. Seriously, the first 36 weeks of this pregnancy flew by...and now I feel like the days are crawling! I just want to meet my little guy! My due date is in 16 days!!! :) If you can't tell how excited I am, you can check out my post from yesterday about his nursery. haha.

For your treat, follow the fire safely link above and download the preview...it's a little freebie for you! :)

I also want to send a huge thank you to those of you that were able to help fund my Donor's Choose Project! I am so excited...and the kids will be too! They love our listening center during Reader's Workshop...but we definitely needed some new supplies & materials for it! I can't wait to post a few pics when everything arrives! Thank you :)


3 comments

  1. Congrats on being ready for baby! Can be...ANY TIME! :) Good luck, hug him LOTS, & BREATHE! :) wendy 1stgradefireworks@gmail.com 1stgradefireworks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Voice blind auditions, too. I stop watching after they're over. ;) I hope everything goes well with your baby's birth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the blind auditions! I love it when they get totally surprised by who is standing there! Good luck over the next 16 days - not long to go now!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete