Field Trip Fun!


Whew! Another field trip gone by! It was a great day...a warm one (90 degrees!), but a fun one! We started by playing at the park right by the zoo and then eating lunch there. Then we walked over to the zoo. The kids were so excited! They handled the heat well, too. The kids had some time to walk around the zoo with their groups and then we participated in a zoo class! The trainer brought in 4 different animals (scorpion, snake, rat, & armadillo) and we were able to pet 3 of them! The kids liked that and asked some really great questions about the animals! After that, we had to head back to school. Quite a few of our little firsties fell asleep on the bus...I'll admit, I was exhausted too! It was a nice end to a long week. Only 7 more days now!

Here are a few pics from our trip:

The tire swing was a BIG hit at the playground!
 Walking to the zoo!!...Yes, they were definitely excited!
This picture cracks me up. It was a 90 degree day but after this picture, they were back up and running around!
Scorpion up close & personal (no touching!)
The snake! Almost all of them were brave enough to touch it!
The armadillo walking around in the top picture. It curled up when we all touched it.


And here is a little freebie that I made & used with my class for the day of and the day after:

TpT    or    TNbook

Are many of you already done with school?
Our last official day (which is like an hour long) with the kids is May 30th! I can't believe it's almost here!

4 comments

  1. Our field trip was Monday. It was a SUPER long day! We got on the train at 7:15 and didn't get home until 3:25, and we spent the whole day walking and observing and generally using up energy. However... NO ONE fell asleep on the way home! They were like superhuman or something!! :)

    Your zoo trip looks like it was awesome!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May 30th! Lucky you! We finish on June 22nd...
    I'm your newest follower :)

    I'm also having a linky party so if you have any ideas that you would like to share for end-of-year celebrations, I'd love it if you can hop on over and link up ;)

    ✿Valerie
    All Students Can SHINE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have awarded you the One Lovely Blog Award. Check out my blog for details!

    :) Dana
    Fun in First Grade
    http://funin1stgrade.blogspot.com/2012/05/most-memorable-moment-linky-and-my-1st.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that first photo! They are walking with such purpose . . . and rightfully so . . . it's a fab field trip day :) Glad I found you. Pop in for a visit if you find a moment.

    Kelley "Following You" Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete