A new item & some classroom pics!

Hey bloggers!

Okay, I've looked over these a million times and I think they're finally good to go! I just finished some valentine themed math & literacy activities! Yay!! Check them out & let me know what you think :)
(More description on TpT listing)
Included:

6 Math Centers
(1) Fact Families
(2) Ordering Numbers
(3) Addition Puzzle Cards
(4) Subtraction Cards
(5) Place Value Cards
(6) Telling Time Cards


4 Literacy Centers
(1) Compound Words
(2) Punctuation Fixer
(3) Long & Short Vowel Word Sorts
(4) Sight Word Board Game

I can't wait to get these laminated and ready for February! I love new centers :)

I also just added some February calendar cards! LOVE them!!

I found these at Target (Dollar Spot!) & will be using them in February math centers as well! The students will use the heart erasers in the ice cube trays to do addition & subtraction problems. I love the red heart container to hold the erasers!


I also finally got around to taking some classroom pics...here are a few!
 This is our word family board (caterpillar), reading board (a bit cut off on the left), and writing board. I also have a reminder chart in the top right of things they can do if they finish work early. The writing charts go up/come down depending on the unit, which is why there is still open space (so I can add new things when needed). It's not pretty, but it works.

This is the front of the room. On the board is our calendar area. We do calendar on the smart board every day but there were a few things that I wanted to have available all day (like the calendar, for example) for the kids to use. When I say we do "calendar" it's really a combination of a bunch of math. We talk about the calendar (months of the year, days of the week, the date, etc), review patterns, count how many days we've been in school, count to 100 (switching it up 1s, 2s, 5s, 10s), shapes, money, & time.

I'm sure you also noticed all of my blank wall space...we aren't allowed to hang things on the walls :( It makes me sad! So much wasted space. Oh well.


One of my pinterest creations! My kids love the crate seats. We use these during guided reading. I store kleenex, cups, plates, spoons, forks, napkins, paper towels & that kind of stuff in them.

This is on the front board. I have kids in & out throughout the day so it helps me keep track of where everyone is!
My classroom library. The kids love the puzzle mats...mostly because when they're sitting on them they're allowed to take their shoes off. They like grabbing a book & getting comfy!
This is on the cabinet behind my guided reading table. I like it because I can quickly reference things when I'm working with groups! A few of these I made & unfortunately I can't remember where the others (vowel charts) came from!! I think it was a link I clicked on from pinterest...I'll look into it.

Alrighty, that's enough for now. It's my bedtime! Hope everyone is having a great week!


1 comment

  1. Hi! I just came across your blog and wanted to gush how much I love it and your ideas. (I'm your newest follower!) I bought those same heart erasers at Target last week as well! I love their dollar area, you can find so much for the classroom and my Target dollar spot even has a few shelves dedicated just for teaching stuff. :) Have a good weekend and check out my blog anytime for some math ideas!
    ~Sarah
    funintitlemath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete