Happy Valentine's Day!

Whew!...another wild day gone.

Our morning was pretty normal...we had our math whole group (conversation hearts sorting & graphing) and then math stations.
Here's a picture of my kids sorting & graphing their little bag of conversation hearts!
Our math stations this week:
(1) Place Value & Expanded Form Cards: The kids had a worksheet they completed first and then used these cards to reinforce the concept.
(2) Ice Cube Trays & Heart Erasers: This is one of my favorite stations...the kids love it too! I got the trays & erasers from the Target dollar spot {love}. They can work by themselves or with a partner to use the erasers to make addition and subtraction problems and then write the number sentences on their paper.
(3) Place Value: The kids had a worksheet they completed first and then used these cards to reinforce the concept.
(4) Smart board: Apple Tree Subtraction. There is a subtraction problem on each page. The kids remove the number of apples it says and then write their answer.
(5) Math Sliders: The kids choose a slider and write corresponding number sentences (addition & subtraction) on their white boards. They love these things!

Then we had regular writer's workshop and reader's workshop. Our party was after recess & lunch. Our school does an ice cream social for the Valentine parties. The party is only an hour long so we really only had time to make & eat our sundaes, pass out & read valentines, and then dance party for about 10 minutes {my kids love to dance}. But it went well! Then they headed off to PE to burn off all of their sugar energy.

Here are a few pics that I got of creative Valentine's boxes before the chaos began:
Pencil
Ninja Turtle

I hope your day went well! The hubs is sick so we didn't have any plans for tonight. But I came home to this! Such a surprise! :)

Happy Friday, bloggers!!

2 comments

  1. Hi Cait!
    I love the Ninja Turtle mailbox! So creative! I had a Darth Vader and Love Monster today that were hilarious!
    Happy Friday!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe
    Celebrate and Join my 100th Follower Ultimate Giveaway: Skype Author Visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up on my FB post today! :)
    I hope your hubby is feeling better, and I'm loving that Ninja Turtle! :)

    įƒ¦DeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete