Feels Like Spring...

Hey everyone!

How wonderful is this weather??...at least here in Central Illinois, anyway! It has been in the 80s the last few days which is unusual for March! I'm not complaining though, keep it coming! It does make it hard to be inside all day during the week though. Maybe I can take the kids outside for some reading time...we'll see!

I hope everyone enjoyed their St. Patrick's Day! I spent mine laying around on the couch watching the NCAA tourney. I woke up Saturday morning with a horrible cold...I sent many kids home sick this week so I'm not surprised that I caught something. Hopefully it doesn't last long. Today was my husband's birthday so we had a nice dinner out. The rest of the day was filled with work though. He's been working on some papers for his master's classes and I've been working on some new spring stations (okay fine, mine is more fun than work, but it's still for work). I'm so excited about spring! The kids keep asking why our calendar still says Winter since it's been 80 degrees and they're wearing shorts. haha. So we'll finally get to change that this week.

I decided that I'm going to start transitioning some things over to Common Core Standards. For the most part, the things that my district requires line up pretty well so I won't have to make too many adjustments (yay!). So I started with some spring math stations!  They are listed in my TpT & TNbook stores for $5.
TpT  or  TNbook



 
Here the students practice adding 3 numbers together. There are16 addition cards and 16 answer cards to go with them.
 
Here the students practice comparing numbers by writing the correct sign (<, >, =) on the corresponding recording sheet. There are 18 comparing numbers cards.
 
Ten Frames-Students use the caterpillar cards to find different ways of making 10. They can write their number sentences on the recording sheet included.
 
True-False Equations. The students figure out if the equations on each card are true or false. There are 6 addition and 6 subtraction cards.
There are some 1-120 charts and 4 missing number activities to go along with them!

TpT   or   TNbook
I can't wait to use them!! I won't be using them until after our Spring Break...so not until April. I know my kids will love them though! I'm sure seeing the 1-120 chart will shock them since we have worked with 1-100 charts all year...I know they can handle it though! Most of them will be excited for the challenge!

Thanks for checking them out! Now I need to look over my plans for the week and then get ready for bed. I need to kick this cold quick...we have parent-teacher conferences this week!

No comments

Post a Comment