Wow, what a year!

 Hey friends!

It has been over a year since I have posted to my blog...and what a crazy year it was!

My district closed down in March of 2020 and finished the year remote. We were making things up as we went and somehow, we made it work!

In August of 2020, my district opened up with 3 different options: hybrid, full remote, or home school. Most teachers were hybrid...including me. This meant that I had students 5 days a week. My class was split into two groups, A & B. My A group attended Monday, Wednesday, every other Friday. My B Group attended Tuesday, Thursday, every other Friday. In order to attend in person, we were all required to wear masks and complete temperature checks. We started the year separating desks 5-6 feet (as possible). The kids weren't able to share supplies or anything. It was difficult, but we were happy to be back in person. The days that they weren't in person with me, they had assignments on Google Classroom to complete.

In November of 2020, I was Covid-19 positive. It was right around Thanksgiving and Covid was no joke. I was able to use the federal Covid sick days and missed 2 weeks of work. I returned to work for a week in December, right before winter break.

In March of 2021, my district returned to full 5 days in person. It was amazing! We still had temp checks and wore masks. We no longer had to socially distance and the kids were allowed to share supplies. I was also able to bring my tables and flexible seating back into the classroom! It was so nice to get closer to normal! Students that were not attending in person still had the option of full remote or home school. I was only responsible for teaching my in-person students. Any students that had to quarantine, had google assignments from me to complete.

The plan has not been released for August of 2021 yet. I'm really hoping that anyone vaccinated can ditch the masks. However, I teach primary school and the vaccine isn't available for children under 12 yet...so we will see how that plays out!

Along with the crazy school year, I also went through a divorce. This meant a lot of changes in my personal life and adjusting to shared custody of my son. So yes, 2020 was quite a year! 

I'm hoping to get back to a normal school year and a normal blog & TpT life!

I hope you're all doing well after 2020!



No comments

Post a Comment